Published: June 13, 2014
1. What attracted you to the sport of skydiving?
AF: My first jump was a Tandem, like a lot of people. It was a 40th Birthday present from my wife Teresa and the rush of adrenaline is what caught me first. But after that it was the clarity of mind that kept me coming back. When you jump there is nothing else happening but that jump. No work, no bills, no anything else.
2. What influenced you to actually make the phone call to make your first skydive?
AF: I didn't call, the wife made the call, so I guess you would have to ask her! lol
3. What's the most memorable skydive you've ever been on?
AF: A lot are memorable, but my 1000th Jump sticks out. I took my wife on a tandem and a big group of friends at the DZ followed it and made a big round with us.
4. Who / What inspires you?
AF: I find new skydiving students inspiring; whether its AFF or Tandem, their excitement is contagious.
5. Of the places you have visited - what is your favorite place and why?
AF: Germany. I love the country and the history, plus my wife and I have friends there.
6. What other interests do you have outside of skydiving?
AF: I Bought a 32 ft RV a couple of years back and I'm getting into traveling with that.
7. What is something about you that few people know about?
AF: I'm at least 25% Native American on my mother's side of the family.
8. What's on your bucket list?
AF: I wouldn't mind taking a shot at beating Felix Baumgartner's skydiving altitude record.=
9. What do you do for work? If you could do anything as an occupation - what would it be?
AF: My real job is doing field-engineering work for a major company in the healthcare field. If I could make the same money, or close, skydiving full time, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
10. What are your future goals?
AF: Just enjoy life as much as I can with as many friends and family as I can.
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!!
» Deanna DeCoster