Date Details: July 13 - 15, 2018 — Noon - Dusk
Each season Midwest Freefall Sport Parachute Club hosts an annual Sisters In Skydiving - YWCA of Greater Flint Charity event.
Sisters In Skydiving aka SIS, is a female mentorship program through the United States Parachute Association. Through the program, novice female skydivers are paired with experienced women skydivers in their local areas o offer moral support, encouragement and guidance as they learn to skydive. In a sport mostly dominated by men, being a female skydiver can be intimidating at times. A Big Sister can be a friend, mentor and role model for newer female skydivers, helping them to transition into the sport with confidence.
In holding with tradition, we will correlating our Sisters In Skydiving weekend with our annual YWCA of Greater Flint Charity Event! The YWCA of Great Flint is a non-profit organization aimed at helping women escape domestic violence, physical/emotional abuse, stalking and sexual assault. Offering a 24 hour Crisis Hotline, Victim Advocacy, Crisis Counseling, Support Groups and a SafeHouse Emergency Shelter. The YWCA of Greater Flint also offers a Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Center (SAFE Center). The SAFE Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week provide comprehensive medical forensic examinations to both male and female survivors of sexual assault (ages 12 and up).
Friday, July 13th through Sunday, July 15, 2018 Midwest Freefall Sport Parachute Club will donate $20 of each full priced tandem skydive made during our Sisters In Skydiving weekend to the YWCA of Greater Flint. We will also be hosting a charity raffle on Saturday evening which will be full of prizes from both local businesses and manufactures of skydiving equipment, with all tickets sales going to benefit the YWCA of Greater Flint.
What's in store of experienced skydivers during our Sisters In Skydiving weekend you may ask? TONS of great fun, learning experiences and Sisterly love!
Here's a small sneak peak at what we have in store:
- Friday night banquet dinner with special guest speaker Maxine Tate from Flight-1. If you haven't seen Maxine's bio, it's pretty gosh darned impressive!
- Saturday night organized dinner at the drop zone
- Nightly bonfires & festivities
- Friday night banquet at Crackwood (self pay)
- Saturday night YWCA of Greater Flint charity raffle
- Saturday night catered dinner (tickets available to be purchased sperately and also included in the price of registration)
- Flight-1 Canopy Courses - Maxine will also be holding a SPECIAL LADIES ONLY Flight-1 COURSE on Friday, Flight-1 101 on Saturday (open to men and women), and Flight-1 102 on Sunday (open to men and women). All three classes will begin at 8am PROMPT for all classes. All participants must be preregistered and have completed prepayment via the links listed above to participate. B license requirements include a canopy course, so come learn from the best!
- Educational lectures
- Saturday night PJ party
- Tons of sky games including Mr Potato Head, Hula hoops, bikini jumps, obstacle & accuracy courses, inflatable bowling and female formation skydives
- Special female guest organizers Casey Magyar, Maxine Tate and Women's Skydiving Leadership Network mentor Elizabeth "Zibby" Alexander.
- Lots of Sisterly love!!!!
All weekend we will have special female guest organizers, lots of girl way skydives, tons of sky-games, obstacle course, friendly organized competitions and tons of other great stuff happening!
Registration includes goodie bag, Saturday night dinner, boogie t-shirt, and lots of goodies. Even non-jumpers are encouraged to purchase the full registration (it comes with a LOT of great stuff and you'll spend way more if you buy everything individually!!)! Dinner-only tickets (if not registered) are $20. If you register after June 30th, you will not be guaranteed a custom t-shirt, but will receive a MWFF t-shirt
This years theme will be Circus Safari. So grab your onesies and join us under the big top.
Together we CAN make a difference!
You can honestly tell that everyone there was such a passion for the sport and just wants to share the experience with others!
» Paul VanderDonck